Monday, January 05, 2009

Sloppy Lentils

Made Sloppy Lentils for dinner tonight.



Recipe from Robin Robertson's Fresh From the Vegetarian Slow Cooker. It's the second time I've made them and it was as tasty as I remember. I did not have any brown sugar on hand so I substituted pure maple syrup as the sweetener. Tasted just fine.



Ingredients fairly simple: brown lentils, bell pepper, onion, crushed tomatoes, chili powder, mustard, brown sugar (or other natural sweetener), soy sauce & salt & pepper and water.

4-6 servings. I ate 1 1/2 sandwiches and have leftovers for probably 5 more sandwiches I'd say.

1 comment:

zenpawn said...

This is my favorite recipe from her book! I use maple syrup as well and sub a touch of liquid smoke in place of soy sauce. And, of course, no salt for me. :)