Sunday, January 04, 2009

A New Year!

Hello readers!
I am going to work on posting more often. I will not promise, but I will try.

I have been enjoying delicious, juicy oranges. Nature's reminder of the brightness and sweetness of sunny days to come during these dark, cold times.

I have also been drinking various herbal teas like a madwoman and stumbled upon a mighty tasty Chrysanthemum tea consisting solely of Chrysanthemum flowers and blackberry leaves. It has a lovely fragrant taste to it and is not flowery in the slightest. I have also discovered the joy of a splash of milk in chai tea ~ probably rudimentary, but I am still fairly new to the tea scene. I made a decision to quit caffeine 2 years ago so my teas are decaf or herbal in nature.

I am working on getting my love for cooking back even though it has been a hard adjustment only cooking for myself. Tomorrow I am going to make Sloppy Lentils in the slow cooker. It should yield quite a bit so I will have leftovers for awhile. My rechargeable batteries barely hold a charge these days but I will try to snap some pics.

1 comment:

River said...

Hurray - you're back!!!! Welcome home, hon, to the land of Blog. We've missed you :) Looking forward to that slow-cooker lentil recipe too - love lentils! Hugs.