Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pasta with Vegan Italian Sausage

Made this quick tasty dinner tonight. The sausages (not homemade) are made of wheat gluten, eggplant, fennel, red pepper, and spices and highly compliment pasta and Italian dishes. I have tried an Apple Sage variety of the same brand of sausage that is also fabulous and grills up great. But back to this.

I slice the sausage and fry it in a bit of olive oil while the pasta cooks. Since one sausage is a bit much for me with a serving of pasta, I usually measure out 2 servings of pasta and sauce to make. When it's all heated through, I divvy it up, half goes in my bowl and gets sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, and the other half goes in my glass container for leftovers. I had a bad habit of eating more than a recommended serving of pasta and have found that using the suggested amount actually is the perfect amount and fills me up without stuffing me. Imagine that!


Now, off to add a splash of milk and honey to my decaf vanilla chai tea that has been steeping while I write this post. Yum...

1 comment:

River said...

I have just caught up with your blog - and wow! what a lot of lovely things to eat. It's good to have ideas just for one or two persons - and something quick, tasty and comforting (I go for comforting!) is always a winner! Thanks for these ideas! Love and hugs!!!