Friday, June 23, 2006

Hasselback Potatoes


These potatoes were so yummy! The recipe comes from Forever Summer by Nigella Lawson. When I went shopping, there were no fingerling or otherwise nicely ovaled potatoes so I hand picked the best baby reds available. I was a little nervous doing the cutting of them as I didn't want to cut all the way through and yet I wanted to make sure they were cut enough so they would fan out properly. Now that I have a better feel for them, I may cut deeper next time. The seasonings consisted of butter, olive oil and sea salt. A very unique potatoe dish and quite visually appealing; the texture was good too as they were not too crispy yet not too soft. We ate them with various condiments like BBQ sauce and ketchup. They kept pretty well as leftovers too.

1 comment:

Veggie said...

Oh yum, these look good, I've made something similar to these but with a sprinkle of sherry added.