Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Irish Potato Soup


Yum. This recipe came from an email I received but says it was inspired by Witch in the Kitchen by Cait Johnson. We have that book and I looked through it after I saw this recipe and couldn't find it. But I digress. This soup was mighty tasty, but probably not the lowest fat soup we could have made. I sweated some onion & leeks in butter, added some sliced potatoes, then some veggie broth, then the greens, kale & parsley. I then processed it in a couple batches in the food processor to make it nice & smooth. Topped it off with some chives and cheese and ta-da! A nice filling, flavorful soup with plenty of leftovers.

2 comments:

Twisted Cinderella said...

Sounds yummy! I haven't been eating enough carbs lately and potato soup sounds like a great way to do that!

River said...

In time for Paddy's Day!!! Thanks for the idea! And it looks so pretty too :)

Huge hugs, 'river'