Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Chard and Rice Casserole


This tasty casserole was taken from The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook by Cathe Olson. The actual title was Kale and Rice Casserole, but we used chard instead since that was one of the items in our weekly produce delivery. It was really yummy. We had just gotten a food processor so I was able to mince the chard quite easily. The only thing was that it turned the brown rice pink when I first mixed it in. That went away upon baking it though. The egg topping consisted of eggs, nutritional yeast flakes, nutmeg, salt, pepper and a small amount of cheese, which was optional. I really liked the way the egg browned during the baking. It was quite tasty and the leftovers kept well and I had them twice during the work week. I think we'll be making this again.

No comments: