Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Spicy Peanut Noodles


This was a really good cold dish. All the veggies (bell pepper, cucumber, onions) were raw and the noodles cooled right off while being tossed in the peanut sauce and veggies. A great, hearty meal when it's too hot to think about warm food, etc; plus the only cooking was of the noodles. This is another recipe we used from the April 2006 issue of Vegetarian Times. I love that; actually using the magazines and books we buy. We will definitely be making this again and adding more chile paste since I used the smallest of the recommended amounts this time. My only "gripe" would be that although there were leftovers, the meal is best served room temperature and it is hard to recreate that once the food has been refrigerated. I did bring it to work with me once and let it sit out for an hour before eating it, it was meh, alright. But fresh, it's excellent.
Note the nice new chopsticks we received as a wedding gift.

No comments: