Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Pad Thai


Looks are deceiving. Although it looks yummy, this Pad Thai was soooooooooooooooo disappointing! The lime was way too overpowering (the lime in the image is solely for looks, we didn't add any more juice). I even used just under the amount the recipe called for. We got the recipe out of our newest cookbook, The Big Book of Vegetarian, by Kathy Farrell-Kingsley. We only took a few bites each and neither of us could stomach it. I've been on a mad Pad Thai taste testing frenzy so I was very excited when the cookbook had a recipe. I have one other recipe for Pad Thai that I've made and it was really good. I definitely won't be making this one again though. Even without the lime overload, the under flavor wasn't as good as the other one either. :-(

No comments: