Monday, April 09, 2007

Stir-Fried Tofu with Asparagus


This tasty, and spicy, recipe comes from The Big Book of Vegetarian by Kathy Farrell-Kingsley. It consisted of garlic, asparagus, chili peppers, tofu, soy sauce, a teaspoon of sugar and fresh basil. The basil and chilis complimented each other very nicely and the sugar toned the heat down a bit. I ended up getting chili in my nose and eye as I wasn't careful about washing my hands after dicing them, or as the book suggested, wear gloves. Next time, I will be wearing gloves I'll tell you that! The kitchen got quite smoky and spicy as well as it was cooking but at least it tasted good after all of that, although I think it was a bit too hot for my lady.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

that looks really good. I love asparagus and I love spice, so I'll have to check out that cookbook.

River said...

Hmmm, I don't have that cookbook and haven't seen it around here. But your pic looks soooooo good, so I'm going to try to fake it up when I get some asparagus this week :) Great idea! Hugs.