Monday, October 02, 2006

Golden Pepper and Yellow Tomato Soup


This delicious and appealing soup is from Deborah Madison's book Local Flavors. We had purchased all the ingredients at the farmers market with the intent to make the soup for a harvest celebration with our circle sisters. That unfortunately fell through, or has yet again, been postponed. My lovely wife and I went ahead and made the soup and it was great. The yellow tomatoes were a pain to peel but other than that, it was really enjoyable. The color of the tomatoes and peppers were really visually appealing. We didn't have smoked Spanish paprika, but I added a splash of liquid smoke to keep the smoky undertones. This is the first time we've used opal basil and I really liked it. Although I love basil in general, so that's not surprising. Notice how lovely the color blends in with our fall decor, thanks to my lady.

1 comment:

~*Goldmoon*~ said...

It had an amazing flavor, reminiscent of a Spanish soup my grandma used to make.