Monday, October 16, 2006

Eggplant Rollatini with Tomato Basil Sauce


This recipe came off the internet, I belive in one of my vegetarian recipe groups I'm in or it may also have come from Weight Watchers. It was a really yummy dish. However, I have not used our oven much yet since we moved and it cooks at a much higher temperature than it says so I lost about half of the eggplant slices, which was ok as there was still enough for dinner, just not any leftovers. Next time we make this I will make the eggplant slices thicker ~ when I was cutting them, I kept thinking that they needed to be thin enough to roll up; not keeping in mind that they soften and shrink when you bake them. Oh well, live and learn is Luinda's motto. All in all, it was really yummy and my lady and I both enjoyed them and will make it again. The sauce was made from scratch using canned crushed tomatoes and herbs; came out quite good if I do say so myself. A good low-cal dinner even with the small amount of cheese.

No comments: