Tuesday, March 16, 2010

This Week's Box

Today brought my second CSA box since rejoining. Love coming home to it on my doorstep! This week's box consisted of: couple of apples, couple of oranges, couple of tangerines, a lemon, carrots, celery, green leaf lettuce, red chard, collard greens, cauliflower and flat leaf parsley. The parsley was a replacement item for red beets (not a fan).

I'll be making salads and picked up some extra fixings to go along with the lettuce, celery & carrots. Got some more potatoes to make my medley of greens again with the chard & collard greens and I will make that yummy gratin with the cauliflower. Of course, I still have quite a bit of the Chard & White Bean Soup I made the other day so I'll probably make salads to go with that and try to eat the rest in the next couple of days and try not to end up with a bunch of different leftovers. Though that gratin has been sounding pretty good for a couple of weeks now!

No comments: